Question
Posted by: Dedda | 2004/03/11

ATT: Doc - Skin Problems

I need your help. My husband is 31 years old and the last two months he looks like a teenager. He has zits on his face and back. He has used teatree oil on his face but to no avail.He has a oily skin but always had a beautiful skin. We are going though a stressful time know and I think this could be the problem. Can you help us?

Expert ImageArchive

His Acne is most likely related to hormonal imbalance from stress as well as nutritional deficiency.
Some self-care that you can use is: restrict the amount of iodine in the diet - this is in salt, kelp; stay away from tinned foods - they can contain nickle which can cause skin problems in some people; increase the amount of zinc in the diet with a zinc supplement - zinc has been found to be as effective as anti-biotics , use 20-30mg twice daily; increase the amount of vitamin B6 with a supplement - 50mg twice daily has been shown to be effective for acne related to hormonal imbalance. Since he has been under a lot of stress it would be useful for him to supplement with a good general vitamin B complex. Lastly continue to ensure good skin care and hygiene.
(Dr Chase Webber ND)