Question
Posted by: X | 2007/04/30

ATT CS

Hey CS

I am actually wondering do you think I maybe have OCD, but just obsessive cos of my intrusive thoughts. If it is brought on by stress and anxiety induced by caffeine, even if I have one cup of tea, surely that can't be normal, I really feel normal otherwise though. I know I am not qualified to self diagnose...I am doing my MA in Psych do you think this will affect my profession?

Sensitivity so acute as to have symptoms sparked by a mere cup of tea, sounds unlikely. A proper assessment from a good local shrink is the way to go to clarify what is and isn't happening, and shouldn't adversely affect your career path --- leaving some condition undetected and untreated is more likely to be disruptive