Question
Posted by: Aspiring Bodybuilder | 2004/03/05

Att: Conrad! Me again!

Hey! How have you been? And it is only a pleasure!

To get down to business: You make a good point! The roid thing won't just go away. And it's not that I'm ashamed about it or the knowledge I've gained. I feel that although my decisions were somewhat dangerous, it was still an informed decision. I've learnt a lot about myself and what I want to accomplish and the discipline it requires. Which is why I feel fairly comfortable with what I'm doing now. I could just have easily have spent the R1000 on roids instead of supplements and diet-plans! And you yourself said that the person who suffered the heart-attack made used roids, but also made ABUSE of roids! But, if it will let you sleep a bit easier, I've made a conscious decision, although it's hard sometimes, to leave roids where it is: in the past!

About the check-ups: Thanks for the concern! I am definitely considering it, but need to find a docter who I feel comfortable enough to ask! Just quick: what could be done if a docter violates the docter-patient 'secrecy' aspect? And under what circumstances is the docter allowed to violate these agreements?

As for my training: I'm kinda enjoying these 'sharing of views' we're having, so, if you're interested, I'll keep you up to date with my progess. How's your training coming along? Any goals? Do you have any advice on women...Just joking!
Going to unpack the 15kg of chicken fillets I bought today!

How about a new point of view, or different topic even? You can never be too well informed!

Take care and thanx!

Expert ImageBodybuilding

Aspiring Bodybuilder,

Advice on women-ha ha!!! How much time do you have??!! So you are an ex-roid user-I thought so as you seem quite knowledgable on the subject.

A doctor may not violate the doctor/patient privelege at all. If they do you report them to the HPCSA and there will be all kinds of discipline issues at stake. Just ask your doctor and if they say no then so be it. But you are also within your rights to ask them to refer you to someone who does.

My training is stagnant at the moment for a number of reasons. Have to have my elbows checked out (I have tendinitis/degenration of the tendons) and will do this soon.

A new topic-hows about the Atkin's eating plan? I have my views but would like to hear yours.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist