Question
Posted by: Sindi | 2007/11/29

ATT: Chill!

Just Chill, Chill!!!!

If it irritates you that much, don't read it.

After you telling me that I must 'educate or inform' myself properly I went reading as much as I could and it actually turns out that we CAN get worms from our pets.

There are obviously alot of people that are battling with the same thing right now and need some advise.

This is my first experience with worms, but I know what a hassle they can be to get rid of so I ask as much as I can to 'inform myself properly'!

Worms con be transmitted from pet to people. Look up "worms and zoonoses" to get a list. Hygiene is essential. If you wash after handling pets, don't kiss them etc there is little chance of becoming infected. Remember when you kiss an animal you develop a negative pressure in your mouth and the inflow of air will carry whatever is on the spot you kiss into your mouth. Sounds gross but that is life!!

8
Posted by: Chill | 2007/11/30

Even me? :-)

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Sindi | 2007/11/30

Sorry for being 'obsessive'. I just wanted to post regularly for CV to see the progress and advise me accordingly. I did after all post to CV. Those of you that got irritated with my updates and questions should have just turned the other way as I did post to CyberVet specifically. The advise I got on this forum was great and I want to thank everyone for taking the time to answer.

Thanx again!!

Reply to Sindi
Posted by: WR | 2007/11/30

Yes Chill, these 'regulars' like An with their posts of wisdom can really teach us/you a lot.

Sindi - I'm no expert, and I mean no offense, but in all my years of owning dogs, I have never had these huge infestations/ gotten worms from my dogs etc etc.
Dunno how bad the infestation must be to get to that point.

Anyway, I reckon the topic has received enough publicity, and everyone now knows what and what not to do regarding worms. ;-)

Reply to WR
Posted by: Chill | 2007/11/29

How lovely to hear from you, An - whoever you are.

For the record, Sindi: Nowhere have I said you cannot get worms from pets. But it's RARE and UNUSUAL and there is no need to obsess about it. If this is your first 'worm experience' then at least have the insight to know that there are people who have dealt with this for years, and can give you some perspective.

Well said, WR. You've been quiet a while!

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Sindi | 2007/11/29

WR, yes, I did go the the archive. Didn't get the answers I needed.
Did not say it was necessary to check their bums, but that is an easy way to spot whether they still have worms or now. Also if you suspect your pet may have worms, that is a sure giveaway.

Thanx Karmen, I did take him to the Vet. 2 weeks ago already. I also got Vermox for hubby and I the other day.

Just for interest sake to those that are complaining about me posting about this topic again. My last worm related post was actually to answer a question CV asked me the other day. I was not going on about it.

Reply to Sindi
Posted by: Karmen | 2007/11/29

It is true that we can get worms from our pets. Kids need to wash hands regularly when playing with pets. Deworming every three months, whole familiy including pets. For pets, use a proper dewormer such as Milbemax from the vet. Don't buy dewormer from a supermarket. For humans, Vermox from the chemist.

Good luck!

Reply to Karmen
Posted by: An | 2007/11/29

Chill has a big mouth on most posts. Just ignore people who "troll" forums.

Reply to An
Posted by: WR | 2007/11/29

Hey

Yes, worms can be a cause for irritation, but going on and on about it too - once you get the problem under control it is an easy thing to keep it under control.
There is a whole section under the archives dedicated to the subject over there --------------->
The easiest thing is to deworm all your pets and children at one go, keep fleas (and thus ticks aswell) under control and voila - Bob's your uncle!
You have no need to lift the tail, and look into the anus etc etc.

Ciao!

Reply to WR