Question
Posted by: Visitor | 2008/06/18

Atkins-the South african Way

I have read so much about this diet and I have decided to try it but all the foods are just too foreign to me.Can someone please recommend where to buy these foods because they sure not in our usual grocery shops!

Dear Visitor
I am basically opposed to the Atkins diet and other variations of high-fat, high-protein diets because they are not balanced, do not contain enough fibre and protective nutrients and can lead to dietary and health problems. Rather use an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).
Take care

1
Posted by: Rieggs | 2009/02/23

Please tell me aboutthe athkin diet what is the diet mael all about why do you eat and what do you ot eat

Reply to Rieggs