Question
Posted by: Advice? | 2007/03/26

Ativan

My GP prescribed 1mg Ativan to take before I have to board a plane next week (I am terrified of flying, always hysterical). Only I forgot to ask how long before the time? Apparently I should just let it dissolve under my tongue but I've never ever taken anything like it, approx how long before the plane takes off should I take it (bearning in mind that take-off is usually the worst most stresfull part for me)? Thank you so much!

Dear Advice
As soon as you are through the check-in, about 1/2 an hour before you depart will be fine! Pull in your tummy during take-off - takes away the yukky feeling on the pit of your stomach! Just remember to breathe!

1
Posted by: Nic | 2007/03/26

Ativan? My mom takes that as a sleeping tablet.!!! think it should make you nod off before 30min or so especially if you have never taken anything like this before. Maybe just take some rescue remedy/calmettes (I know how you feel I am terrified of flying too!...really terrified - I actually colour in my kids picutures that they give out in order to take my mind off it!).....but everytime I get off the plane I say "wow that was really fantastic, I should have taken more time to enjoy it"

Reply to Nic