Question
Posted by: Willimina | 2007/04/03

athletes foot + thrush + overweight

I have recurring athletes foot, I use lamisel, dry between my toes, only wear open shoes, put my shoes in the sun, and use shzen foot powder. I also have recurring thrush. Are these two related? Is it because I am overweight and eating too much sugar? If I loose weight and cut out sugar will it get better or do I have to take meds? I only wear cotton socks (rarley) and cotton undies, leather shoes. And I wash regulary with plain soap. But have a perspiration problem since being overweight.
Thank you.

Expert ImageArchive

Sorry for the delay in responding I was O`seas
The thrush MAY (stress may) be related but the weight, causing the sweating is a more likely candidate. Also many people who treat athletes foot dont treat for long enough and you get recurrences. Also your comments on weight make me advise you that you know it is a problem and you must address this. please speak to your gp and get referred to a dietitian it really is in your best interest

3
Posted by: u | 2007/04/18

For you athlete's foot - try Zambuck. I use it for my eczema and found that it is a 10th of the price and worked better than extreemly expensive steroid creams. I personally dont suffer from athletes foot but understand the misery a skin disorder can cause and the cost as I used to use a tube a week at +/-R400.00.

Reply to u
Posted by: The only thing that works for me | 2007/04/04

Well , I have been on everyting the docotr or pharmasist can provide and not one of the meds helped. It has cost me thousands of rands for Pills like Sporanox and lamisil, ceams like Terbacil, micotta and lamisil, they just don't work for me!!!! What does work is MR MUSCLE Household shower and mildew cleaner! Halleluja! I am serious! This is the only thing that have kept my feet free of athletes foot, bad smells and any other ailment. Just spray onto feet in the morning before you put your socks on. The best thing is that it doen not cost much. It is the only thing that works!

Reply to The only thing that works for me
Posted by: BeenThere | 2007/04/03

Have your blood sugar tested immediately - it could save your life ! You are a candidate for diabetes and you are already displaying symptoms.

Reply to BeenThere