Posted by: jagparker | 2010/11/19

Athlete''s Foot

I have a fungal infection underneath my one foot. I need to know what to do about it. I have tried tea tree oil, Mycota cream, capsules prescribed by my GP, and Listerine. I walk barefeet as often as I can, I hate having to wear shoes. Is this bad for me?
1. How do I disinfect my socks and shoes?
2. How do I stop it spreading to my hands and the other foot?
3. It''s a painful condition..... what can I do for the pain?
Please help as I am now feeling quite desparate.
Thanks and regards,

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


You will have to consult a dermatologist, to have tests done to confirm if you have a fungal infection. Treatment will depend on the severity of the infection. By washing your hands and feet and keeping them dry, you will prevent the infection from spreading. Mycota powder is sufficient to keep your socks and shoes free of infection.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.