Posted by: concerned | 2004/11/21

Athletes Foot

Hi - is it possible for Athletes foot to be transferred to other parts of the body. My husband picked up athletes foot from the gym and not long afterwards got a few blisters on his penis. The blisters are slightly itchy and dissapear within a few days. He' is putting Topical Cream ((Candizole) on them which seems to help. We're not sure if this could it be linked to the athletes foot. I'm concerned it may be herpes, but we've been married for 3 years now and both faithfull so we don't know where he could have picked it up!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Concerned, I suppose it is possible, but it isn’t a common occurrence for a foot infection to spread to the penis. I doubt that it is herpes as herpes is usually uncomfortable, takes longer to disappear and will not go away if you apply Candizole®. If it happens again the best would be to see a dermatologist and have a proper diagnosis made. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.