Question
Posted by: concerned | 2004/11/21

Athletes Foot

Hi - is it possible for Athletes foot to be transferred to other parts of the body. My husband picked up athletes foot from the gym and not long afterwards got a few blisters on his penis. The blisters are slightly itchy and dissapear within a few days. He' is putting Topical Cream ((Candizole) on them which seems to help. We're not sure if this could it be linked to the athletes foot. I'm concerned it may be herpes, but we've been married for 3 years now and both faithfull so we don't know where he could have picked it up!

Concerned, I suppose it is possible, but it isn’t a common occurrence for a foot infection to spread to the penis. I doubt that it is herpes as herpes is usually uncomfortable, takes longer to disappear and will not go away if you apply Candizole®. If it happens again the best would be to see a dermatologist and have a proper diagnosis made. Good luck.