Question
Posted by: SJ | 2004/11/02

Athletes foot??

my boyfriend has suddenly gotten something horrible looking on his foot.

Itstarted as what looked like a red burn. then blisters ten it got bigger. someone told him it was athletes foot and he bought Lamisil. But its not on the underside of his foot its on the top. Is athletes foot blisters? he says its not sore and from what i can tell its not itchy as i havent seen him scratching. I also thought atheletes foot was highly contagious and we live together and shower together and stuff and i dont have it.

What could it be?

SJ, it is difficult to say from this side of the screen, but it sounds like it might be due to contact dermatitis. Mixing a steroid cream with the Lamisil® for 3-5 days might do the trick, but if it doesn’t the best would be to see a doctor. Good luck.