Question
Posted by: Andre | 2005/07/01

Athlete's foot, Seaty Feet (Not Sure)

I have had quite an embarassing condition for the last 6 years, every winter my feet seem to develop some sort of fungus which looks like numerous little "holes" on the soles of my feet, causing the skin to become moist and resulting in my feet perspiring profusely and thus becoming smelly. I have tried all the products on the market, including oitnments, powders etc, and they do help, but the condition recurs every winter, however only during the winter months. It seems that the condition also appears on my hands, although not as extreme, again also only during winter. What could this condition be, as my feet are not itchy, as with athlete's foot. Do I need to see a dermatologist and could you possibly provide me with a list of dermatologists in Johannesburg?

Expert ImageArchive

This is not a fungus it is a bacterial infection on the soles of your feet, a podiatrist can help call the South African Podiatry association 0861 100 249 to go to a podiatrist