Posted by: bek | 2003/03/15


not sure if I got the spelling right, but, can you have anurisms with atherosclerosis? If I have continued back pain (i.e. not always there but when I wake up in the ams, or after a big meal with butter or red meats and so on, or sometimes sugars) - is this an indication of an anurism with artherosclerosis? I'm sure I have the condition as sometimes my left hand gets a bit numb and tingly, and my left leg might feel a bit weak. Would an MRI assist, if it was suspected that I was affected cerebrally? There is a family link to it.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Bek, atherosclerosis is one of the causes of an aneurysm and an angiogram is usually the best test to do. I suppose a MRI scan with contrast would show the aneurysm even better. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.