Question
Posted by: bek | 2003/03/15

atherosclerosis

not sure if I got the spelling right, but, can you have anurisms with atherosclerosis? If I have continued back pain (i.e. not always there but when I wake up in the ams, or after a big meal with butter or red meats and so on, or sometimes sugars) - is this an indication of an anurism with artherosclerosis? I'm sure I have the condition as sometimes my left hand gets a bit numb and tingly, and my left leg might feel a bit weak. Would an MRI assist, if it was suspected that I was affected cerebrally? There is a family link to it.

Bek, atherosclerosis is one of the causes of an aneurysm and an angiogram is usually the best test to do. I suppose a MRI scan with contrast would show the aneurysm even better. Good luck.