Posted by: CP MOM | 2008/08/18

At work...but a bit weak

Hi all

Thanks for all the sms' s and caring!

The good thing about being sick is loosing weight, can you believe I lost 3,2 kilo’ s in a week? Scary! The weigh Less antie thought she had the wrong card....but i' ve now altogether lost over 18kilo' s....

Ne was with me the whole time as I did not have the energy to take her to school and collect her… .she was truly amazing… ..I found out about things she could do and that I always assume she needs help on.

When I was doing dishes, I put water and soap and the dishes then I felt bad and I went to lie down. I came later that afternoon to find that she had taken the cloth and put it flat (like I do) put the washed cups on top of it UPSIDE DOWN (nogal) after it was rinsed and all the dishes were done, the water taken out and there was only one item I had to rewash… .guess who’ s now washing dishes every day???? And who calls me and say’ s “ I can mommy”  –  and so proud of herself!

We have hardly finished a meal then she say' s " dishes?"  and I say yes finish your food first then she gobbels it down...

She would bring be water –  only a little in a glass as not to spill –  but enough for me to take my medz… ..and rub my leg and we actually did not have a bad time....she even fed her dog!

I have no words… … .but I see since I’ ve been better the last two days, she’ s “ refusing”  to do things saying “  I can’ t”  or “ im tired” … … .

Nice try!

Love Mom

Nice that there have been some such positive discoveries during a bad period --- and it shows not only things she can leanr, but some she has learned to do by watching and without specific teaching. Its a subtle thing to enable her to do things she's capable of when maybe, if we're impatient, or unbelieving, she could actually do more. As Tanilani says, let her rest when she feels she can't, and take up the tasks soon after.
As for the weight loss, well done. Why is it that all my illnesses and health problems never involve weight-loss ?

Posted by: Tanilani | 2008/08/19

I was so pleased to read your mail, shows you how clever our little ones are without us realising it! I think sometimes our main problem is that we are over protective towards our children, even when they are normal, and they are actually so happy to prove to us that they can do something for themselves! Let her do the things she can and want to, and is she is " too tired"  or she " can' t" , let her be, she will feel the urge soon enough to do it again and take you by surprise again! Even though she can' t express herself, it does seem that she is able to absorb information, and eventually able to use it in her own special way. Best wishes, and good luck with your weight loss, personally I feel WL is the best way to do it!

Reply to Tanilani
Posted by: lady nina | 2008/08/18

shoo 18 kg - ek is trots op jou en gaan jou gebruik as my inspirasie - het van dag met mag en mening begin en nou kruip die sinus en hooikoors weer ....

ek is bly dit gaan goed met julle twee - klink of julle regtig gelukkig is

lekker dag my vriendin !!!

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: Lin | 2008/08/18

Great news!

I sommer got tears in my eyes. Ne'  wonderful!

Hope you feel better soon!

Reply to Lin