Question
Posted by: momma | 2004/10/20

At what age can child's ears be pinned back?

My child has terrible bat ears and we'd dearly love to have them pinned back for her. At what age is this sort of procedure advisable? What is the recovery period for it?
Thanks.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Momma,

Recovery is surprisingly quick, and your child can go back to school within a couple of days, but would have to be careful with swimming and contact sport for a while.

I advise that you wait at least till your child is 10 years old. If you do the procedure any earlier, you run the risk of the ear growing back to its previous position.