Question
Posted by: Debbs | 2008/01/10

At a Loss!

I'm 40, have had 3 endo ops in the last 2 years and 5 unsuccessful AI attempts.
My endometriosis is not of a terribly serious nature but it was nevertheless there in the last op Sept '07.
Hubby has good count but bad morphology so we have to go the AI route. Although we have also tried the natural route too.
I'm at a loss here - don't know what to do anymore as the IVF is way too expensive.
Maybe it's time to throw in the towel - I ovulate perfectly every month and my hormones are all fine.
We can attempt one more AI but really, I'm not sure anymore.
Tx

Dear Debbs

I would suggest that you consider a very inexpensive form of ovulation induction and IVF. There is considerable evidence in favour of “soft” stimulation protocols for IVF which is proving to be extremely cost effective. For further information please contact Aziza at Bioartfertility Clinic (Aziza@bioartfertility.co.za) for the cost of such treatment.

2
Posted by: Debbs | 2008/01/10

My faith is not what it should be at this time but ... I try to believe and keep hope
AI costs R2500 (cash). I went to the normal gynae who did all the necessary tests he could then referred me to specialist - took about 18 months before I went to specialist - there are certain tests the couple need to undergo and it's time consuming.

Reply to Debbs
Posted by: mckayla | 2008/01/10

Im so sorry,but dont give up hope,the saying is ''WHEN YOU UP TO NOTHING GOD IS UP TO SOMETHING".

I believe that everything happens for a reason,although its hard for us to wait and just let things happen,im the same.
Can you plse tell me how much does AI cost and when does one turn to this procedure.

thanx.

Reply to mckayla