Question
Posted by: Deon | 2008/01/08

astma attach

Hi doc

From about saturday i started with this cough. At firs though it was just a normal cold as it wasnt hectic and limited flem

I went to pharmacy and they gave me Cepacol. Been using it and think flem went away but cough worse. Its now so bad i cant sleep. its like i cant breath all of sudden. its not cough like my trought but rather something from inside (i suppose lungs or something) thats contracting and forcing me to cough.

I dont have history/ever had this/asthma before. this is a wild guess but is it asthma? what else could it be? what do i do?

Dear Deon
Rather let your GP have a look - this could be symptoms of a pneumonia or asthmatic bronchitis and you may need antibiotics.