Question
Posted by: Kat | 2003/02/12

Asthma Resources

I have a friend who sufers from acute asthma. He is very poor and on a pension & disablity grant. He should theoretically be going to a day clinic to get his check ups and medicine, but due to various circumstances he cannot get to one. At the moment, he is getting OTC medicines from pharmacies which is way to expensive and his asthma is not being controlled properly. Can you suggest any organisation that I can approach (in the Cape Town area) that might be able to arrange home visits/transportation and is not very expensive.

Kat, your friend should be able to get basic asthma treatment for under R50 a month from the pharmacy. If he doesn’t control on that, he will have to go to Groote Schuur. As far as I know there is no organisation that does home visits for asthma patients. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Health24 | 2003/02/12

Dear Kat
You may also be interested in our comprehensive condition centre on Asthma - click on Conditions in the top navigation bar. Hope you find the information useful.
Kind regards
Health24

Reply to Health24