Question
Posted by: dinky | 2003/02/20

Asthma?

I am 24, a non smoker and very fit and healthy, except at times it feels as though I can't breathe,I have got a asthma pump, but seemingly for no reason my chest gets tight and I start to wheeze. Laughing and any form of exercise ie: running leaves me wheezing and with a chest that feels so tight it burns.

Any insight onto whats going on here and what can be done about it will be appreciated.

Dinky, it sounds like you have asthma and that it isn’t well controlled. The best would be to have a lung function test done and see what it says. You can try to induce the “attack” whilst you have the test done and then they will be able to tell you what the exact problem is. Good luck.