Question
Posted by: ashley | 2007/05/17

ASSOFAGUS

hi doc, just wanted some expert advice on something, for a while now ive been expieriencing slight pains in my chest, not the lung aerea i dont think because im very active and i have no problems there, also when i cough it burns in my chest, having a ciggarette also irratates it, it it just below the lower throat where i get this discomfort. i went to my gp recently for all the tests possible and a full checkup, he reccons its acid reflux but im not so shure, my friend said she had a ulcer in her assofogus when she was younger,but she overseas now. could you think about it and give me your oppinion and maybe tell me if it could possibly be an ulcer. also when i move from side to side, like exercising punching left to right it feels like there might be a blockage because air passes out at its own pace when i breathe in, cant really afford anymore doctors right now so some advice would be much appreciated, oh yes, also when i gough to much i start geting pins and needles sometimes in the wierdest places...thank you, really sory about the spelling:)

Hi Ashley
You need at least an x/ray and then a gastroscopy if the x/ray is normal - This could well be caused by acid reflux or by a viral infection or irritation due to allergy of the bronchus or main windpipe.