Question
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/11/27

Assessment with psychometrist

Hi CS, I took my 7 year old son for that assessment with the psychometrist yesterday (2½ hours!!!). I have an appointment with her next week, to get feedback.

When I collected him, I asked her if he's okay. She said he is fine, except that he is very anxious, and that he relates to personal space in an unusual way. I asked what does this mean, she said she'll explain in detail next week, but in a nutshell, it's the way he rotates his body whilst sitting in a chair (classroom setup) which is unusual. Geez, I've never heard of this. Do you know what this means, and why it happens?

Thanks CS, have a great day!

Thanks for the feedback --- pleased the session went so well, and I hope she can make some useful and practical suggestions. I'm not sure what she means about the way he relaes to personal space --- it isn't a rwecognized, standard observation, but something she may have noticed, and it'll be interesing to hear what she really thinks it means, and how to use such observations.