Posted by: Angie | 2008/01/25


dear Doc
My son has been dianosed with Asperger when he was 7 years old- he's now 11 years old. We've had a difficult road with him and a lot of medication has been prescribed over the years. I find that his medication is not effective. I have discussed it with the neurologist of the past years, but he has only inreased the medication with no effect. I am at my wits end. I need another opinion and has been wondering whether a neurologist or child psychiatrist would be my best option. Please give me guidance because I don't know where to turn to.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Angie

Thank you for visiting

I suggest that you do get a second opinion from a Neurologist regarding the medication that your son is currently using. It will also be a good idea to enlist the assistance of a Psychiatrist, in order for him/her to guide him in social acceptance.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.