Question
Posted by: Angie | 2008/01/25

Asperger

dear Doc
My son has been dianosed with Asperger when he was 7 years old- he's now 11 years old. We've had a difficult road with him and a lot of medication has been prescribed over the years. I find that his medication is not effective. I have discussed it with the neurologist of the past years, but he has only inreased the medication with no effect. I am at my wits end. I need another opinion and has been wondering whether a neurologist or child psychiatrist would be my best option. Please give me guidance because I don't know where to turn to.

Dear Angie

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I suggest that you do get a second opinion from a Neurologist regarding the medication that your son is currently using. It will also be a good idea to enlist the assistance of a Psychiatrist, in order for him/her to guide him in social acceptance.

Kind regards