Posted by: Chantz | 2008/07/21


This weekend I had my lungs tested as I am asmatic. I am 24 years old. My reading said that my lung age is 60 years. How bad is this? Can this be fixed and if so, how easy or how difficult will it be?
I know I should have asked my doctor all of this but I was kinda shocked at that stage.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hi Chantz
In asthmatics, this is usually reversable with proper treatment. It is just an indication that your asthma is out of control at the moment. If you have not been prescribed extra medication ( usually an inhaled steroid and long acting Beta stimulant ) you should ask your doctor to refer you to a lung specialist or pulmonologist.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Chantz | 2008/07/22

Thanx a mill Dr. Bets :-D

Reply to Chantz

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.