Question
Posted by: Hope | 2004/10/12

Artificial sweetners and sunbed

Morning ladies,

Are artificial sweetners and sunbed bad during any stage of pregnancy? Or can you make use of it sometimes?

Thanx!

Should be okay sometimes

3
Posted by: Purple | 2004/10/12

Artificial sweeteners have also been linked to decreased brain functioning in the elderly.

As long as your sugar intake is in moderation, there is nothing wrong with sugar. It is sucrose, which is very similar to fructose which you get in fruit. Both are digested in the same way.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/10/12

Sunbed is bad whilst pregnant as you are also raising your body temperature. So rather stay away from that.

Sweetners as well as they contain substances which may be harmful to the baby. Rather go with R's suggestion. I got used to not adding any sugar to coffee/tea. It takes a while but you will soon get used to it.

Take care!

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: R | 2004/10/12

I have heard and read that artificial sweetners could be carcinogenic (cancer-forming). I do not use it and have gotten used to not adding sugar to by teas and cereal (I add some raisins if I feel like some thing sweet).

As for the sunbed by beautician suggests not using it while pregnant as pregnant women are prone to skin blemishes (which might become permanent) due to hormone changes.

I am looking very pale and will have to wait till after the birth.

Hope this helps.
R

Reply to R