Question
Posted by: KJ | 2007/02/20

artificial insemintion

I am considering artificial insemination, using donor sperm. A few questions, can one do this independently in SA? I mean go to a sperm bank without going through a gynae? Do we even have sperm banks. Does anyone recomend doing it DIY turkey baster method?

You cannot go to a sperm bank on your own. You have to go via a gynaecologist. The turkey baste method is far less reliable than the medical route.

1
Posted by: Taz | 2007/02/21

Hi KJ

In what city are you in? I was planning to do the same thing. SO I spoke to Heather from Vitalab (Jhb). You don't have to through a Gynae. THen I found out a Gynae here in my Town is also doing it!!! I'm also going to make use of Donor Sperm!! I'm seeing her on Monday to discuss everything. I'm very excited!!

Reply to Taz