Question
Posted by: Mask | 2006/07/19

Artificial insemination success rate

What is the success rate of artificial insemination in woman who have been sterilized?? I am still of child bearing age and am concerned i made the wrong decision to be sterilized too young. I might still want to have children. What are my chances of falling pregnant using this method??

Would you suggest having the sterilization reversed and trying to fall preganant naturally first or to go for Artificial insemination right off the mark??

Artificial insemination would not allow you to fall pregnant as your tubes need to be open for this. Your options are IVF or reversal of sterilsation. If you had ther clip method, the success with reversal is about 30%, which is the same as the success with IVF, so it is much of a muchness.