Question
Posted by: Elaine | 2004/10/11

Artificial Insemination in South Africa

I am about to turn 30 years old . I have only had about 6 periods in my life . Have been to Dr who did blood tests which he said were normal . The ultrasound showed no abnormalities . I want to have a child but have no partener. When i go on light pill i menstrate . Is artificial insemination available in SA . If so where and what are the costs involved .

Contact a gynae who can arrange one for you. There is surely something wrong if your periods only happen like once a year or less. Get a 2nd opinion

2
Posted by: Shmegal | 2004/10/12

Hi Elaine

Yes, AI is certainly available in S.A. Where are you situated as there is bound to be a fertility clinic in your province? If you are in C.T. I can recommend but I'm not to clued up on other provinces - why not check the web for addresses. You will need to be referred by a gynae though.

Reply to Shmegal
Posted by: BABIE | 2004/10/12

I would advise u o go to a gynae who can tell you what to do and he/she'll be able to refer you to the relevent people. Good luck...

Reply to BABIE