Question
Posted by: nikki | 2008/05/26

artificial insemination counting days

Hey there,

I went for artificial insemination about six days ago after my husband and I have been trying to conceive for four years. Can someone please tell me how effective it is and when can i do a pregnancy test.

Dear Nikki
The success rates for artificial insemination ranges between 15 and 20% per attempt. A pregnancy test or rather a blood pregnancy test should be performed 14 days after insemination has taken place.

5
Posted by: Rommy | 2008/05/27

Hey Nikki

Thnak you so much for the info and lots of baby dust your way.

Good luck for the future and being a mommy,

God Bless

Reply to Rommy
Posted by: Dee | 2008/05/27

Hi Dee,

Thankx for the info. The days don't seem to be going quick enough for me. Seven days to go and it feels like seven months. I really hope and pray to God that i'm pregnant because after four years it becomes frustrating.

Have a wonderful day!

Reply to Dee
Posted by: rommy | 2008/05/27

Hi Rommy,

I went to my gynea and he did it in his surgery. It is a really quick and painless procedure. It cost round about R2000 that is really not much. Just make sure you get clomid from your gynea to help boost your ovulation. Good luck

Nikki

Reply to rommy
Posted by: Rommy | 2008/05/26

Hey Nikki

Tell me where did u go for IVF and how much did it cost.? I live in pretoria(Guateng) I WILL REALLY APPRECIATE THIS BIT OF INFORMATION.

thank you

Reply to Rommy
Posted by: Dee | 2008/05/26

You have the same odds as a natural cycle (approx 25%). Do a test after 14 days to avoid an incorrect result. Good luck!

Reply to Dee