Posted by: need advice | 2008/09/17

artificial insemination?

I had my tubes " tied"  (clips) approximately a year ago. I am almost 42 and remarried a man with no children, he has been hinting that we should investigate the possibilities and risks regarding either reversing the procedure or opting for AI. What I would like to know is what is the approximate costs (AI) and most important is it advisable to continue at my age.

Dear Need advice

Artificial insemination is not the method of choice has this requires intact fallopian tubes. Instead, in vitro fertilization is what would be recommended in this instance and for a woman of your age, would be the most advisable procedure from a success as well as cost benefit point of view.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Posted by: Philo | 2008/09/17

My Husband has got a BHP surgery and now he have retrograde ejaculation and we want a kid.

we need a hospital which can help us with to recover the sperm from the bladder after orgasm for artificial insemination

Can you please help us to find this help.

We are living in Tanzania and plan to come to South Africa to resolve this problem in next November.

Best Regards
Philomena Filberth

Reply to Philo