Question
Posted by: mpho | 2007/04/25

artificial insemination

is it possible for me to buy this vacuum containers they use to store sperms for AI from the pharmacy. i want to collect sperms myself without going to the doctor and send them to the lab for tests befor the procedure can be done

You can buy the containers at a pharmacy but you have to get them to the lab within an hour. You will also need a doctor to interpret the results for you.

3
Posted by: essi | 2007/04/26

Look on fertilitree dot com. You can buy a male fertlity test kit for about R420. You get two collection containers with it.

Reply to essi
Posted by: MPHO | 2007/04/26

Hi K
Thanks for your response. I have all the information i need, sperms can be frozen and stored for years without them being spoilt. all i need is to know if i can buy the containers from the chemist and take them to the lab for tests and storage until the time i will need them.

Reply to MPHO
Posted by: K | 2007/04/26

I would think that should be left up to the professionals. I'm not sure how long sperm are viable once outside the body.

Reply to K