Question
Posted by: JG | 2004/10/15

Arthroguard

When I do leg curls I get severe pain in my knees, has anybody used or heard of Arthroguard.

Hi JG

I have not heard of it, and so i did a quick search on the internet, and i have to say that it's not very well researched. All I could find were advertisements, and I am hesitant to recommend anything based on an advert because it's such a biased opinion. I have heard of chondroitin supplements, and there is some evidence that taking them helps in preventing joint weakness and things like arthritis. This does not mean it's the product you need, because i actually don't think that your problem is related to joint weakness - if it was, I would have expected that the knee extenstions and things like squats would hurt more.

My honest opinion therefore is that you check out the cause of the knee pain with a doctor and if they then recommend arthroguard, then go for it, but as I say, I suspect that the pain is probably caused by using weights that are too heavy, and the muscles are then not strong enough to maintain the stability of the knee during the exercise. Changing to lighter weights should help immediately, and then over time, it may improve as you get stronger.

1
Posted by: garyt | 2004/10/25

hi my girlfriend used to work for the company that does arthrogaurd damm good stuff they do pills and a rub as well ..............very good for sore legs but i would suggest u see your doc

cheers

gary

Reply to garyt