Question
Posted by: Frans | 2007/08/04

Arthritis in dog

My dog has difficulty raising himself and is visibly stiff and limping. I am sure it is Arthritis. I am giving him a food supplement (Petflex) that I buy from a pet shop. It does not seem to help that much. Someone suggested that I rather I give him Arthritis tablets for humans. Is this a good idea. Can it have negative results.

Please have your pet examined by your vet and a diagnosis made. Your vet will be able to advise which medication will be best.

3
Posted by: Frans | 2007/08/09

To answer Chill's questions. The dog is a bulldog and is a very healthy dog who is more active than most other bulldogs I know and is not overweight. The dog is 18 months old. It is only his left leg. This limping started at the beginning of the winter.

Reply to Frans
Posted by: Luna | 2007/08/05

I give my chow of 8 years devils claw. It seems to help, You can buy it at Clicks!! It

Reply to Luna
Posted by: Chill | 2007/08/04

There are probably a hundred different kinds of 'arthritis tablets for humans', so it is impossible to answer your question.

What kind of dog do you have,, is the dog otherwise healthy, is the dog otherwise active, is the dog overweight, and most important, what age is the dog?

Give us a bit more information, and you'll have a chance of some helpful answers...

Reply to Chill