Question
Posted by: BL | 2005/01/06

ARTHRITIS IN AN 80 YEAR LADY WITH DIABETES & HEART PROBLEMS AND HIATUS HERNIA AND MANY OTHER HEALTH PROBLEMS

My mother has been diagnosed with arthritis amongs all her many other problems - last night she got up and went to the bathroom and her knees gave in on her and she fell. She crawled back to the bedroom but could not lift herself onto the bed. This is when she called me and I helped her back onto the bed.

Does this sound like arthritis - she has assured me that she did not have a blackout or trip over anything she just said her knees gave in.

Does this sound like arthritis?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear BL
Some of the medications your mother are using may cause a drop in bloodpressure etc, which may cause her to feel as if her knees gave in. I suggest her physician gives her a good "lookover" so that he can evaluate the cause of this incident and maybe make some changes to her medication if he thinks this is necessary.
Hope this helps