Question
Posted by: Desperado | 2007/11/29

Arthritis Diet

HI Doc

I just found out that I have the genetic arthritis called Ankylosing Spondylitis. And like you know there's nothing you can do to make it better really.

I bought this diet on the net. Specifically for this condition and this person claims that he's off all medication and have not pain since eating this diet.

The diet is very similar to the Atkins diet. No lactose, sugar or starch. Apparantly those things cause enzymes in our body to strengthen the "attacking" cells.

I now have 2 questions.

Do avocado have starch in it? And do you think this is a good diet for my condition? Do you know of any other diets for this condition?

Dear Desperado
I am not aware of dietary factors affecting ankylosing spondylitis. If this diet you have purchased on the Internet cuts out all carbohydrates, then please be careful that you don't ingest too much animal fat because zero carb, high-protein diets usually are also high in animal fats. Avocado does not contain any starch.
I sincerely hope that you obtain relief with this diet, but would rather suggest that you consult a dietitian for a balanced diet that boosts your immune system.

1
Posted by: Sly | 2008/03/18

What is the best diet for arthritis?

Reply to Sly