Question
Posted by: Tarryn | 2008/05/22

Arthritis

My mother has been diagnosed with advanced osteodegenerative arthritis in both hands and her neck & shoulders. She s in constant agony and struggles to even hold a pen. What can we do / what can she take to relieve the pain?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Tarryn
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like Voltaren, Brufen, Cataflam, Coxflam etc. can be used quite effectively. Ask you pharmacist for a recommendation because most od these can be bought over the counter.

1
Posted by: Young man | 2008/08/28

I am a 24 year old male, and since my teens I have had joint stiffness and thought that it was a usual part of development. But lately the joint stiffness has worsened especially in cold weather and if I am stressed.
My neck, angle and fingers are especially the worse, were I have to click the joints every no and again to relieve the stiffness

Reply to Young man