Question
Posted by: help | 2006/11/14

Arthritis

Hi Doc I am 38 year old male and suffer from arthritis in four of my fingers , my doc has said not much he can do other that give me meds but that does not seem to help I am worried as in the morning they are very stiff and find if difficult top get the moving properly also worried about work as this is having an effect as I have to rest due to the server paid in my fingers . what do I do in 5 years time if this gets worse can not afford to go on pension i am too young !!!

Dear help
At your age you should see a rheumatologist and get disease altering drugs - you want to prevent damage to the joints, not just keep the pain away. Look on easyinfo.co.za under medical for one near you.