Question
Posted by: LUCY | 2005/12/07

ARTHRITIS

HI. I'M ONLY 28 YEARS OLD. BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH ARTHRITIS EARLIER THIS YEAR. NOW IT SEEMS TO BE GETTING WORSE. AT FIRST IT WAS MOSTLY CAUSING PAIN AROUND MY ANKLES, BUT NOW ITS MY KNEES, HANDS & ARMS. I'M NOT DOING ANY SPORT OR ANY FORM OF EXERCISE EXCEPT FOR WALKING LOTS AND BEING ON MY FEET MOSTLY. I'M STILL YOUNG AND ITS GETTING PRETTY SCARY. SO, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT SORT OF TRAINING I CAN TO THAT WILL HELP ME RELIEVE MY ARTHRITIS OR AT LEAST KEEP IT FROM PROGRESSING SO QUICKLY.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Lucy
Walking is fine. Another form of exercise which is excellent for the joints is something called Pilates. Ask your local physiotherapist to refer you to someone who gives these classes. It really helps with "oiling" the joints etc.