Question
Posted by: Painful Joints | 2007/04/18

Arthralgia?? Cannot find info

I been having pain in my wrists, elbows & shoulder & eventually went to see a doctor. He diagnosed it as Arthralgia. I been checking on the net all morning & cannot find any info regarding this illness.

Can you possibly shed some light on this matter & I would like to understand it better & also know what I can do to prvent it in the future.

Thanx
PJ

Dear Painful joints
Arthralgia is the medical term for "painful joints". Your doctor should try and find the cause if it does not clear up by itself within a week or two - could be gout, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, post throat or kidney infection outo immune antibodies, especially if it is in the bigger joints. They need to at least take a x/ray and some blood tests to find the cause.