Question
Posted by: mica | 2005/12/07

arthirtis

my four year old son`s knee started to swell up took him to the doctor said it looks like septic arthiritis they drained his knee three times and eventually went for a knee operation to have it washed out and to send more samples away for testing. from all the samples nothing was positive there was no infection no bacteria or nothing in his knee he was in hospital for three weeks what could it have been ?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Mica
It might have been an injury when he fell on the knee. I suggest you contact the orthopaedic surgeon who drained the knee to ask what the reason may have been. I cannot really speculate as to the cause.