Posted by: Pamela | 2008/09/12

Dr, Thank you for answer my questions (nr64). Do you know if I can use a Health Walker instead of the static bike?
You answerer a Jessica (nr40) -is it suitable for ME as well?
I appreciate your answers.
Thank you.

Expert ImageArchive

Hello Pamela,
Exercise is often a problem for people with CFS because physical activity can worsen their symptoms. Medical opinion has been divided on whether people with CFS should attempt regular exercise or not – some believe that gentle exercise is helpful, while others caution against any form of aerobic activity.

Research has found that patient education on CFS and a graded exercise program can improve symptoms in many cases and, on average, is not likely to worsen outcomes

I suggest not to use the health walker and rather use the static bike.

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath