Posted by: John | 2012/02/27



I am 30 year old male, and struggling with pain / stiffness in my hands / fingers. It is especially difficult when writing or holding a spoon - stiring something etc. I also suffer from neck pain that leads to headaches. For this I am using ibucod, but not very happy about this because I know it can''t be good taking so much codeine.
Do you think the stiffness can be arthiritis, and can I make a booking at a specialist or must I be referred by my GP?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


It will be best to consult your GP for an examination and possible referral to a specialist. Nerve impinchment in the cervical area can cause your symptoms. A physiotherapist can be very helpful to alleviate neck and shoulder muscle spasm. Other possibilities include carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritic changes in your hand and dystonia. Please do not hesitate to consult your doctor as soon as possible.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.