Question
Posted by: allan | 2003/01/17

arteriosclerosis

I have a block in fem.pop.artery. I walk for one hour a day, maintaning a speed where the pain is endurable. I have to stop to stretch for 30 to 60 seconds every five minutes. Is this acceptable or am I doing any damage by not stopping as soon as the pain starts. Any comments on Adkins diet for my condition?
Any comments or info would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I am 55 years of age, 1,72m tall and 65kg.
Resting heart rate - low 50's. B.P 115 over 65. Cholestrol 4.7.
I am a non smoker/ drinker and don't have any red meat in my diet.

Allan, you probably won’t do damage by walking, but I’m a bit puzzled why you’re not having it seen to. Leaving the clot and not doing anything about it may definitely lead to serious problems. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Zultan | 2003/01/20

have seen prof.robb. he recomends delaying as long as possible before doing any sort of bypass. t
thank you for your reply.allan.

Reply to Zultan