Question
Posted by: The Great | 2004/11/15

Aropax's side effects

Dear Doc,

I've a concern with Aropax, it seems that I'm susceptible to all its side effects, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, restleness, insomnia, tiredness and worst of all, RETARDED EJACULATION, in-fact i'm not ejaculating at all. I know some women would be envious for my wife, but it doesn't help my ego when I can't finish a simple thing like love-making. Please advise!!!

Regards,
The Great

Hello Great !
Yes, very annoying. Of course you're none the less great for temporarily reduced ejaculation / orgasm problems. While that range of side-effects can occur with any of the SSRI family of antidepressants, we seem to vary in how sensitive we are to side-effects in particular drugs within that family, so any other SSRI might suit you better, with less of the side-effects. Of the non-SSRI antidepressants, Serzone seems to have less sexual side-effects. Discuss this problem with your shrink, and consider alternatives, with him / her

1
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/16

Hi TG,

Although you may be impressed at the moment, I would suggest that you speak to your shrink about all these side-effects so as they might be able to offer a suitable alternative to you.
I have found that anti-depressants are a bit of trial & error until they find what is best suited to you.
Your doc is also in the position to prescribe further medication if need be.

Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun