Question
Posted by: Steven | 2007/07/29

Aromatase Inhibitors(AI's)

Hi. I'd like to know the role of Aromataze Inhibitors on the muscle building process. I know many athletes use this and would just like to know a bit more of why they use it, how it works and any side effects and negative effects I can suffer from using AI's for muscle building purposes.Thanks,Steven.

Dear Steven

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Aromatese inhibitors prevents conversion of androstenedione to estrone and estradiol in peripheral tissues. It therefore increases the levels of androstenedione (which is an anabolic steriod). This drug is often used when patients are diagnosed with breast cancer.

Side effects include hot flashes, arthralgia, athenia (mood changes), nausea, vomitting, depression, rash, headaches, back pain, edema, constipation, diarrhea, dyspepsia.

Kind regards