Question
Posted by: 26 weeks along | 2003/03/25

Arnica massage oil by Weleda

I am 26 weeks pregnant and had a C-Sec for my first child. In my first pregnancy I used to apply Arnica oil on my back whenever it ached(lower back pain was severe). Now in my second pregnancy I am not using it that often but what I want to know is if it is safe to use directly on my C-Sec cut. I have been getting sharp stabbing pains along the cut and would like to know if I can't use Arnica, what else would be safe for both me & the baby?

You can use Arnica. I'm not sure whether this will help the painful scar though. An alternative would be to take Panado.