Posted by: Kate | 2012/10/08

Arm Pain

Hi Doc

I need to see a doctor in C.T but I canot afford to.
My medical aid has been exhausted from a specialist I''ve seen last month regarding this issue, he could not find the problem yet he only checked out 1 option. I have to go back to him again and pay 1K per consultation for him to do another check.

My problem, I have arm pain, numbness, tingling and heaviness in the left arm. My left foot, same issue but worse.
The dr. only focused on my left foot and said the the 2 are not connected. Took MRI of the spine and neck and found nothing.
Said I should come back in a month if it persists although I''ve told him I''ve had it for the past 6months and its only gotten worse.

I''m left totally broke after his consultation and cannot afford to see another Nero specialist. II''ve been told that I''d have to wait 4months to get an appointment at gov. hospital. I''m a 28yr old, what can I do?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


Your issue with the medical aid and finances is not an uncommon problem. I do suggest that you get a second opinion from a neurosurgeon but if you can not afford this, you will have to visit your nearest state clinic for a referral to a state neurologist.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.