Question
Posted by: Anxious | 2008/07/14

Arificial insemmination

Me and my husband has been trying for 18 months to fall pregnant and my Gynae has tested my husband. His sperm count or motility is at 10% and apparantly for it to be normal it has to be 15%. My Gynae has suggested that we need to do artificial insemmination. Is that the best route to follow or is there any medication that my husband can use as he is also suffering from a low libido? How successful is artificial insemmination?

Dear Anxious

If there are no other causes to your infertility problem namely, that your are ovulating well and there are no obstructions to your fallopian tubes as well as you do not have any evidence of endometriosis, then in your specific case, artificial insemination is recommended. The chance of falling pregnant with artificial insemination is approximately 15% per cycle attempted.