Question
Posted by: PK | 2007/03/13

Argus

Just wanted to say I am proud of my husband, he didn't train much for the Argus, and did it in 4hr 18min .... he is so lucky, is there such a thing as NATURAL fitness?

He did a few off-road rides in preparation, and he does weight training, but no long road rides!

Thanks :-)

Hi there PK

That's great for him. there most certainly is such a thing as natural fitness, I've seen guys basically go from zero to being almost national level in a few months, others can train for years and years and not get close. What your husband did is an example of someone who probably has an above average natural fitness, combined with a little bit of training, and motivation. Others could not do this in under 5 hours without dedicated training time and miles on the bike, but other can. It seems unfair sometimes, doesn't it???

That said, well done to him and everyone else who rode on Sunday.

Ross