Posted by: Belinda | 2008/09/08

Are you sure ?

Hi doc, I saw your reply to someone else regarding ideal weight and you said at 1.73cm she should weigh 66kgs.

I am 1.73 cm, 36years old, mom of 3. I last weighed 66 as a teenager. I now weigh 70 and it seems just right. Is there perhaps a range of ideal weight fot that height. (I wear a size 7 shoe and am of medium build.

Dear Belinda
The Reader asked for the ideal weight for the height of 1.73 m, which if one wants a BMI of 22, is 66 kg. Your weight of 70 kg produces a BMI of 23 which is also excellent. The range for people who are 1.73 m tall, is from 57 to 75 kg (BMIs of 19-25).

Posted by: Zexeon | 2008/09/09

I could weigh between 60-75kg and I' m 1.75m although I could reach 62kg I know going lower would be a struggle so 62kg would be fine.

Reply to Zexeon