Question
Posted by: huh? | 2004/10/19

Are worldly things worth more than a persons life?

I had a small accident - not really, I was moving after the robot turned green and a woman walks across the road not looking to my side, but the other side, lucky i was not fast so I braked and she landed up having her hand on the bonnet.
To me it was a shock, because I'm thinking what if the robot was open when I approached and went fast, what if I did not brake - lucky there were no cars behind me.
When I tell my hb about it he askes :"Is the car damaged?"
my word........, not even a "Are you OK" to me if he doesn't care about a stranger.

Hi huh ? A salutory lesson all round, perhaps. I suppose your husband, to be charitable, was probably assuming that you were basically OK because you were well enough to call him, and were talking about what happened, rather than mentioning any injury to yourself. But it's a bit like a mom being told that her kid had fallen in the pond, and worrying about whether the clothes got dirty. This sort of encounter can be sobreing ( ? spelling ) and a reminder of how someone else's carelessness can literally impact on your day.

3
Posted by: venus101 | 2004/10/19

Seek religious counselling - even if this seems a "small" issue to your husband, it is obvious this is not to you. Post traumatic stress can also derive from such "small" events.

Don't hassle too much about the "men" attitude - they're usually not as sensitive to our "thoughts" and "feelings".

God bless,

Reply to venus101
Posted by: Dude | 2004/10/19

If you' re driving a BMW it's ok for him not to worry about you,but jis for any other car - are you ok,are you sure?LOL

Reply to Dude
Posted by: RS | 2004/10/19

unfortunately this is what the world has come to for lots of people....
I can only say 'be the change you want to see in others'. Point out that you would have have loved him to ask if you were okay first.... Else the next time something happends no matter how fickle - show him how its done. Actions always speak louder

Reply to RS